The high point of my week was being invited by Ryan Young for an interview on Ecolibrium on CKUT 90.3 FM in Montreal on Tuesday, Sept 6th.
The 25-minute interview was slated to cover both Vision of Earth and an upcoming event that I am helping to plan in Montreal: The Moving Planet Picnic and Kilometer Drive.
You can download or listen to a copy of the radio show here, the interview starts at about 4 minutes 20 seconds. It then lasts for about 26 minutes.
- Cradle to Cradle ideas and Regenerative Design, including William McDonough’s TED Talk, and the excellent book Cradle to Cradle.
- The Moving Planet Montreal event. – discussion of picnic and active transportation celebration.
- The book that Vision of Earth is writing about Saskatchewan Energy Future. (Basically we are trying to write up years worth of research on Saskatchewan and thought into a cohesive narrative for the interested layperson.)
- Discussing some sustainability issues in the Saskatchewan context, including the rapid urbanization, the rise of corporate farms, and the possibility of seeing tar sands development in Saskatchewan as well as Alberta.
- Concerns about mainstream media coverage of sustainability issues in North America. Brief discussion about false and misleading news in Canadian media vs that in the US.
- Sustainability movements in Montreal and at McGill University in particular.
- *My favourite: The peer review culture we have created (and continue to refine) at Vision of Earth.
“If a person reads Vision of Earth, what I can guarantee is we are doing our very best to knit these strands of experience and knowledge together to form what is hopefully a very cohesive and complete picture of the world.” – Ben Harack
4 thoughts to “Ben’s Interview on Radio CKUT 90.3 FM”
Listened to the interview. That’s awesome. Congrats Ben!